After a hectic year of work and life, everyone deserves to party their way on New Year’s Eve. Whether you like to dance the night away or relax over great food and drinks with loved ones, there’s no better place for it than to get away from the city. It’s not just the noise and traffic that you escape, but also the much-needed break from your daily routine. And if you haven’t got yourself a spot yet, we have some great options! Within comfortable driving distances of Mumbai, are some of the region’s best-kept secrets. Full service resorts, health retreats and independent bungalows – no matter what you prefer, there’s something here for you!
1. Magnolia Villa, Alibaug: Popular for its flawless location just hours from Mumbai, Magnolia villa can house 10 guests across its 4 lavish bedrooms. It comes with a fully equipped kitchen, an inviting lap pool and sprawling lawn, making it the perfect place for friends and family to bond over food, drinks, barbeques, dips in the pool and conversations. Not to forget, Alibaug’s weather is just perfect in December!
2. Paashan Villa by Vista Rooms : Featured on BBC’s series ‘The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes’, the horizontally designed cliff abode in Khopoli celebrates stunning landscape views of the surrounding hills. This dream home is perfect for a cosy group of 4, and it offers a private heated infinity pool, a terrace, fully equipped kitchen, arrangements for bonfires and ATV rides and of course, the chance to live in one of the most luxurious holiday homes in India! It’s one of Vista Room’s most popular and best rated properties.
3. Constellations Cassiopeia: If you’re planning a party of up to 15 people, this is the place for you. Located conveniently at Khandala, this Saffron Stays property is senior citizens-friendly and comes with its own private pool, heated jacuzzi, open lawn and 5 bedrooms. The in-house chef is an expert in various cuisines and will ensure that the food never stops flowing as you ring in the New Year!
4. Fazlani Nature’s Nest : If you want to have the most therapeutic stay in one of India’s newest and most popular wellness retreats, your search stops here. Overlooking the pristine waters of Mawal, Fazlani Nature’s Nest offers luxurious cottages, an organic farm-to-fork restaurant that allows you to pick your own vegetables for the salad, an orchard, delightful afternoon duck parades and an equine therapy that promises to de-stress your tired mind. Just 2 hours from Mumbai and Pune, this is the quiet getaway you always wanted!
5. Greens by Vista Rooms : Ideal for a group of up to 8, Greens by Vista Rooms is in Nashik, which has one of Maharashtra’s most enviable December weathers. With 3 bedrooms, a jacuzzi and a private pool, it offers a massive outdoor area that’s large enough for 300 people which is reserved just for your private party! The fully equipped kitchen is ready for you to whip up your meals and the home comes with complimentary breakfast, ensuring you can have your lazy holiday breakfast in bed.
All of these are managed by some of the most trusted names in the business, and have already hosted thousands of happy guests in the past. Ranking high on quality, location and hospitality, these properties are sure to sort you out for NYE. All you have to do is to book it before anyone else does and get your gang together for some R&R to ring in 2020!